Joyous and stressful, the holiday season is akin to a roller coaster ride for many people. While the chance to reunite with family and friends is a definite highlight, such reunions often come at the expense of long lines at the mall and stressing over increasingly busy schedules.
Another big cause of stress come the holiday season is money. Particularly this year, with many people feeling the ill effects of the turbulent economy, dollars are being stretched more than ever.
Fortunately, the following tips from CouponChief.com can help online holiday shoppers save time and money this season while still ensuring their family and friends get everything on their wish list.
* Shop early and often: It's widely known that some of the best deals all season begin the day after Thanksgiving, otherwise known as "Black Friday," and on "Cyber Monday," the first Monday after the Thanksgiving holiday. If possible, carve out some time to explore all that these great shopping days have to offer.
While savvy shoppers are well aware of the more popular shopping days, contrary to popular belief, the end of the extended Thanksgiving weekend doesn't mean the end of great deals. In fact, retailers typically offer super deals online throughout the holiday gift buying season, so keep your eyes peeled for these deals.
* Go online: Perhaps the best thing about shopping online is there are no lines at checkout and no massively crowded parking lots. With sites such as CouponChief.com, shoppers can find discount codes for hundreds of items, potentially saving them thousands of dollars twenty-four hours a day.
At CouponChief.com, shoppers can simply type in the names of their favorite retailers, and within seconds all of that store's relevant promotional codes appear. If you don't have a store in mind, simply peruse the alphabetical list of merchants provided on the site, or search by category. What's more, CouponChief.com polices itself, allowing users to rank cou
* Comparison shop: In addition to comparing the prices offered by different retailers, comparison shopping now entails checking an item's price online versus the in-store price. Many times, an item is cheaper online than in-store, or vice versa. In addition, items pur
* Hunt down discounts: Paying full price around the holidays is almost unheard of among smart shoppers. Retailers are especially likely to offer deals in the current economy in the hopes of encouraging shoppers to spend despite an uncertain economic outlook. On CouponChief.com, diligent shoppers can find discounts on anything from big-ticket items to stocking stuffers.
* Peruse the clearance section and the "sale" section online: Some great deals can be found in the clearance aisle, both the physical one and the virtual one online. Retailers often do their spring cleaning during the holiday season in an effort to clean out their warehouses for new products. Be it an aisle in the store itself, or a link marked "Sale Items" on a Web site, these are often great places to save some money.
* Read the fine print when it comes to shipping: Many companies often offer discounted or free expedited shipping rates when normal shipping cut-offs would be too late.
Before approaching your holiday shopping this season, visit www.CouponChief.com to find the latest discounts. HL08C675