Clyde Huskey was one of the first developers in Seymour. He built the strip mall above about 1955. One of the men who helped him lay the foundation was Tom McCarter. He also built the first subdivision, a group of rock houses, just past the schools on Boyds Creek Highway.
During the 1960’s the strip mall housed Dr. William Brooke, Jr., DDS, Dr. James Bell, Duncan Rexall Drugs which became Brake Drug Store, Harold Johnson’s barber shop, Chapman Highway Restaurant, Seymour TV repair, a pool hall, and Jason Steel’s service station. Karaoke Café now occupies much of the building as warehouse space. Huskey Valley Road which runs between the strip mall and Seymour Hardware was named for Mr. Huskey, and for a time the housing development behind there was known as Huskey Valley Subdivision. Mr. Huskey was an active community leader for many years in Seymour.... read the rest of the story by Subscribing now.