Friday at 7:32 A.M. the Seymour Volunteer Fire Department was called to 8105 Jack Jones Rd. in South Knoxville on a barn fire.
Firefighters arrived at the scene at 7:41 A.M. to find a 1800 square foot single story barn fully involved in fire.
The fire was controlled at 7:51 A.M. but firefighters remained on the scene until 9:49 A.M.
The barn, wwned by Barry Jenkins was a total loss.
According to reports, the fire was accidental in nature and the source is believed to be a heat lamp that was knocked down. Unfortunately Mr. Jenkins dog perished in the fire.