The Pigeon Forge Regional Planning Commission met for their regular monthly meeting Tuesday night, deliberating for two hours on various items of business.
The commissioners approved several subdivisions including 22 lots near Goose Gap Road. The proposed Lafollette Landing development planned for Mortar Road received preliminary subdivision approval by the planners.
Another subdivision requested for the Sawmill Branch Road and Waldens Creek Road area was withdrawn following concerns expressed by the city planning staff.
The main issue was concern over the water supply to the proposed home sites, which did not appear to be adequate, according to the city planning staff. The developer said that the issue was being covered, but he did not have the appropriate documentation to assure the planning commission.
“We have not really been granting any preliminary plats without that modeling because it is very important for fire protection,” said Karl Kreis with the city planning staff.
Other items on Tuesday’s agenda include the following:
• A Christmas Place at Bell Tower Square Event, 2470 Parkway, Friday September 1st thru Monday September 4, Faye Hughes—Approved
• Alzheimer\’s Association – Smoky Mountain Re gional Memory Walk, Pigeon Forge High School, Saturday October 14, Judy Clabo—Approved
• Minor Final Re-Subdivision creating of Lot 13A- 1 & 13A – 2 of Forge Hideway Subdivision, Forge Hideway Road, Holly Catlett/Bob Britton—Approved
• Final Minor Re-Subdivision of Lot 17 of Laurel Branch North Subdivision into Lots 17a & 17b (2 lots), Intersection of Cub Circle and Bogle Spring Loop, Kenny Cole/Tim Howell (planning region)—Withdrawn from agenda
• Preliminary Subdivision Plat of Lots 1 – 22 of Lafollette Landing, Mortar Road, Jonathan Lyons (planning region) —Approved
• Final Minor Re-Plat of Lots 1- 4 of the McCarter – Friddell Property, Between Tinker Hollow & Reagan Hollow Road, Thompson – Carr Associates/Ronnie Sims (planning region) —Approved
• Final Minor Subdivision of Tract 1 of Richard Fraser Property, Seaton Springs Road, Richard Fraser/Tim Wallace (planning region) —Approved
• Final Minor Re-Plat of Lots 8A and 8B of LaFollette Addition No. 1 into Lots 8AR & 8BR, Florence Drive and C. A. King Boulevard, Don Hill—Approved
• Final Minor Re-Subdivision of Lot 2R3 of the Josephine King Property into Lots 2R3 & 2R4, Denton Road, Roger Carland/Howard Dawson (planning region) —Approved
• Preliminary Subdivision Plat of Lots 1–14 of Top of Mountain View Court Subdivision (14 Lots), Mountain View Court and Mountain View Way, Jim Barnes/Charles Moore (planning region) —Withdrawn from agenda
• Preliminary Subdivision Plat of Lots 1- 50 of the Blalock Development (50 lots), off of Sawmill Branch Road, Milre Suttles (planning region) —Withdrawn from agenda
Planned Unit Developments (PUD)—
• Final PUD Plat of Buildings E, K, & L of Goose Creek Resort Condo, Goose Way off Little Valley Road, Barry Eubanks (planning region) —Approved
• Preliminary PUD Plan of Lots 1- 3 9 of A Wonderful Place PUD Development (39 lots), Dollywood Lane, Joe McMakin/Cathy Walden—Withdrawn from agenda
• Revised Preliminary Plat of Lots 121-123, 125 -139, 141-143, 145 – 147, 149 – 157, 159 – 162, 169 – 172, & 174 – 179 Bear Creek Crossing PUD Development, Off of Sharp Hollow and S. New Era Roads, James Temple (planning region) —Withdrawn from agenda
• Final PUD Plat and Plan of Lots 1 – 9 of Gatlinburg falls at the Park PUD Development (9 lots), off Gnatty Branch Road, James Tomiczek (planning region) —Approved
• Revised Final PUD Plat of Lot 84R1 of Alpine Mountain Village into Lot 84RlA, Falling Leaf Way off Sugar Hollow Road, Rod McCarter—Approved
• Gatlinburg Golf Club – Club House, Site Plan, Dollywood Lane, Michael Smelter—Approved
• 2, Blalock Ready Mix Concrete Plant, Site Plan, Middle Creek Road, James Tomiczek—Withdrawn from agenda
• The Village at Alpine Mountain Village – Sales Office, Site Plan, Alpine Mountain Way off Sugar Hollow Road, Robert Johnson—Approved
Miscellaneous Requests or Required Actions—
• Request for Annexation, 4 tracts (approximately 3 acres) which include Tax Map 93, Parcels 151, 151.02, 152, & 153, at the addresses of 3103, 3109, 3139, 3135, & 3133 Glenn Huskey Road, Charles McFall and others—Withdrawn from agenda
• Request for Annexation, a 151,5 acre lot (Tax Map 106, Parcel 17.00), Rush Branch Road (near Parkway and Conner Heights Road), Woralak Kalyawougsa—Withdrawn from agenda
• Request for Annexation, a 0.41 acre lot (Tax Map 95, Group A Parcel 3), Troy Drive, Kevin Davidson—Withdrawn from agenda
• Discussion of Planning Commission role in regards to the Horizontal Property Act, Richard Fraser
• Review of the State of Tennessee\’s Local Planning Office Annual Report and Workplan for the coming year, Bart Hose
• Proposed Amendment to Sevier County Zoning Ordinance (Section 506) to allow Heliports in a C-2 (General Business) District as a Permitted use on Review through the Board of Zoning Appeals