The Pigeon Forge Planning Commission will be meeting today to review several site plans including expansions to the Miracle Theater and expansions to the Music Road Hotel and Convention Center. They will also consider a rezoning request for a vacant lot on the corner of Middle Creek Road and Maple Lane, from R-1 (low density residential) to C-2 (tourist commercial district) and many other agenda items.
The planning commission meets in the Pigeon Forge City Hall Council Chamber, at 225 Pine Mountain Road. Tuesday’s meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m.
The planning group’s agenda for the Tuesday meeting reads as follows:
• 30th Annual Volunteer Street Rod Association’s Silver Dollar Rod Run, Mountain Breeze Motel, June 2 through June 3—Sonny Bivens.
• Relay for Life – Motorcycle Ride, Patriot Park, May 6—Jodi Henderson.
• Sixth Annual Pontiacs in Pigeon Forge, Music Road Hotel and Convention Center, June 2 – June 4—Ben Humphries.
• Smoky Mountain Model A Club, Music Road Hotel and Convention Center, Sept. 24 – Sept. 29—Ben Humphries.
• 29th Annual Chevy Classics Roundup, Music Road Hotel and Convention Center, may 19 – May 21—Ben Humphries.
• Seventh Annual Tennessee Gold Wing Road Riders Association Convention and Parade, Country Inn Suites and Smoky Mountain Convention Center, April 27 – April 29—Jeff Liner.
• 24th Annual Shades of the Past Rod Run, National Parks Resort Lodge/Smoky River Ranch, Sept. 6 – Sept. 10—Rod Milligan.
• Spring & Fall Grand Rod Runs, Grand Resort Hotel and Convention Center, spring: April 19 – April 23, fall: Sept. 13 – Sept. 17—Rod Milligan.
• Third Annual Tanger Outlet Centers 8K Road Race for the park, Race Route between Tanger Centers in Sevierville and Pigeon Forge via Parkway, May 6—Judith Huskey.
• Opening ceremony for Sporting Events Association of America “World Series” softball tournament, July 12 and July 24, Patriot Park—Jim Mullins.
• Minor re-subdivision of Lots 1 and 2 on the Olin and Mildred Watson Property, Lloyd Huskey Road, Sue Watson/Ronnie Sims.
• Minor re-subdivision of Lots 5 & 6 of the Howard Brown Et Ux Jean Property, Bluff Mountain Road, Ronnie Sims/Howard Brown.
• Minor re-subdivision of Lot 2R1 of the Roger Garland Property, Denton Road, Roger Garland.
Planned Unit Developments—
• Final PUD plat and plan of Lot 106 – 145 for Alpine Mountain Village, Phase 5 (40 lots), off Alpine Mountain and Village Way off of Sugar Hollow Road, Rod McCarter.
• Final PUD plat and site plan of Brookside R.V. Resorts, Lots 1 – 65, Wears Valley Road, D&S Builders/Jonathan Lyons.
• Final re-plat of 11 lots and relocation of right-of-way of Black Bear Cub Way of Black Bear Ridge PUD development, off of Lost Branch Road, James Temple.
• Final re-plat of 11 lots and relocation of right-of-way of Firefly Trail Way of Black Bear Ridge PUD development, off of Lost Branch Road, James Temple.
• Final PUD plat and plat of Lots 1 – 57 of Grand Vista Subdivision, off of Music Mountain Drive between Teaster Lane and Sugar Hollow Road, Rod McCarter.
• Final re-plat and PUD site plan for Big Bear Lodge PUD development, off of Wears Valley Road, John Mele.
• Re-plat of Lot 244 into of Eagle’s Ridge #2 PUD development, Phase 2, Black Hawk Way off of Country Oaks Drive, Barry Davis/Howard Dawson.
• Addition to Music Road Hotel and Convention Center, site plan, Henderson Chapel Road, Michael Hayes/Ray Ogle.
• Addition to Miracle Theater, site plan, Parkway, Bullock, Michael Hayes/David Fee.
• Mercantile Building (retail and office building), site plan, Wears Valley Road, Bill Denton/Bruce Carpenter
• Dash N’ Splash/Fast Tracks, site plan, Parkway, Larry Sorrell/Robert Grubb.
• Melinda Maples, vacant lot at the corner of Middle Creek Road and Maple Lane, from R-1 (low density residential) to C-2 (tourist commercial).
• Request for annexation, approximately 24.51 acres, River Divide Road, Smoky River Development Corp./Jess Davis.
• Request to abandon a small section of Henderson Chapel Road between Two Ducks, LLC and Eugene Lafollette property near the Parkway, Darby Campbell.
• Request to approve legal agreement for Mountain Valley Inn to lease parking from Mountain Valley Vineyards, Hasmukh Bhula.
• Request extension of preliminary plat of Janice Williams Property (Bentwood Ridge) for one year, Marcus Whaley.
• Ordinance to adopt U.S. Army Corps of Engineer’s study of Walden’s Creek and Mill Creek as best available data and a request to adopt new GIS parcel and zoning layers for the City, staff.
Board of Zoning Appeals—
• Big Bear Lodge PUD development condominium building, request for variance from PUD perimeter setback to allow 22 feet instead of 25-foot setback fro one corner of building, John Mele.