Do You Bleed Orange?
Help MEDIC with blood donations and participate in a fun, spirited competition all at once! It’s time for the Lady Vol Fans to “Slam the Dores” during the 5th Annual BLEED ORANGE Blood Drive Competition between Lady Vol fans and Vandy Commodore fans. This exciting competition starts Monday, February 7 and ends Friday, February 11. The winner of the competition will be announced during the game on February 13th. Chick-fil-A is a proud sponsor of this event offering all donors a free sandwich coupon. MEDIC will be located in several different locations throughout UT’s campus during the week and the donor center is open from 8am – 6:30pm Monday through Friday. Please note that only the donations made at the donor center or UT campus are counted as part of this competition. So, if you want to roll your sleeve up for the Lady Vols please be sure to donate on UT’s campus or stop by MEDIC Regional Blood Center. However, for convenience MEDIC will be collecting blood in Sevier County but please note these donations will not attributed to the BLEED ORANGE competition. We need all types of blood—please donate today!
Blood Drives in the Sevier County Community:
· February 7, Kroger—Pigeon Forge, 220 Wears Valley Road, 10am – 6pm, Medic Mobile
· February 10, Smoky Mountain Park Service, 107 Park Headquarters, 9am – 5pm, Medic Mobile.
· February 11, Ft. Sanders Sevier Medical Center, 709 Middlecreek Road, 10am – 6pm, Nursing Home.
Weekly Schedule for “BLEED ORANGE” Competition:
Monday, February 7:
· UT Circle Park, 9am -4pm, Medic Mobile.
Tuesday, February 8:
· UT Circle Park, 9am – 4pm, Medic Mobile.
· UT South Carrick, 12pm – 8pm, Lobby
Wednesday, February 9:
· UT Student Center, 9am -5pm, Suites 226-227
· UT Clement Hall, 12pm – 8pm, Medic Mobile
· UT Institute of Agriculture, 8am – 5pm, New Ag. Eng. Room 166
Thursday, February 10:
· UT Student Center, 9am – 5pm, Suites 226-227
· UT Hess Hall, 12pm – 8pm, Lobby
Friday, February 11:
· UT Student Center, 9am – 5pm, Suites 226-227.
Donors must be at least 17 years of age, weigh more than 110 lbs, and have positive identification. Donors will receive a t-shirt, and free cholesterol screening (no fasting required). For more information, please call 865-524-3074. As always, you can donate at the Ailor Avenue Office which is open 7 days a week for your convenience.
By donating blood, you are covered under MEDIC’S Family Blood Coverage Program. Family coverage means that a pint of blood donated to the MEDIC Regional Blood Center will ensure your family (IRS dependents) does not have to pay blood supply processing fees at any hospital in the U.S.