Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen, born June 13, 1986, starred when they were very young on the television series Full House.
These two strawberry blonde sisters were born in Sherman Oaks, California. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have an older brother Trent and a younger sister Lizzie, both of whom have made appearances in the Olsen twins’ video adventures. Their parents, Jarnie and David Olsen are divorced but they still work together to help manage the Olsen twins’ careers.
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s careers began when their mom and dad took them to an audition for a TV show called Full House. The producers were looking for twin girls to play the role of Michelle Tanner. Lots of babies auditioned but the Olsen twins won them all out. The show lasted until 1994.
After Full House ended the sisters went on to bigger projects like music albums, popular home videos and a book series. They also had two more TV series after Full House, one called Two of a Kind, and another called So Little Time.
Now that Mary-Kate and Ashley are about to turn 18, they have recently released their big film for the big screen, ‘New York Minute.’
The girls are not identical twins as many people think but actually fraternal twins, so not everything about them is a mirror image. Ashley Olsen is older by two minutes.
One is left handed and the other right and Mary-Kate Olsen is shorter than Ashley.
Mary-Kate Olsen has said, “I Love [Ashley]. She’s my best friend.”
Ashley Olsen has said, “We get along really well, but TV and film aren’t reality. We’re best friends, but we do have our fights!”
Let’s see what you know about the
1. Which Olsen twin is left-handed?
2. Which twin says her fave holiday is Christmas?
3. Which Olsen twin says that Math is her least favorite subject in school?
4. Which Olsen twin has the middle name, Fuller?
5. Which twin was born first?
6. Which Olsen twin loves Norah Jones’ music?
7. In order to earn her allowance, which twin has to feed the dog, take out the trash, and clean her room?
1) Only Mary-Kate is left-handed. Ashley is right-handed.
2) Ashley says her fave holiday is Christmas, while Mary-Kate says she digs Halloween the best.
3) Both twins consider Math their least favorite subject in school. Mary-Kate’s fave subject is Creative Writing while Ashley’s fave is Art.
4) Mary-Kate doesn’t have a middle name. Ashley’s middle name is Fuller, which was her mom’s maiden name.
5) Ashley earns the title of big sis because she was born two minutes before Mary-Kate.
6) Both Mary-Kate and Ashley love Norah Jones. Mary-Kate announced, on their official Web site that, ‘We are proud to say we were huge fans of Norah Jones even before she won her Grammys. We went to see her here in Los Angeles before she was even on the radio.
7) It’s Mary-Kate’s job to feed the dog, take out the trash and clean her room in order to snag her weekly allowance. Ashley must vacuum, take out the trash, and clean her room.