As the schools close for summer, it’s an appropriate time to pull out the crystal ball and look ahead to the next school year for the sporting events to come. With the help of various fans, coaches, players and folks gathered around for long coffee talks on Saturday mornings, I am proud to present my predictions for the 2003 school sports.
• Gatlinburg Pittman is the unanimous pre-season number one pick to win the state after moving to AA from AAA in football.
• Seymour announces they will be starting a freshman at varsity quarterback and the addition of a new member of the coaching staff.
• West and South Greene petition TSSAA to allow them to combine squads and play G-P as a joint Greene All-Star team.
• Seymour falls to Fulton on a last minute punt return for a touchdown.
• Sevier County flattens Oak Ridge, and cracks the top five in state prep rankings for 5A football.